Stargate Space Conflict English Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

.75a (english) difficulties, suggestions, and bugs

4 posters

Go down

.75a (english) difficulties, suggestions, and bugs Empty .75a (english) difficulties, suggestions, and bugs

Post by alex Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:26 pm

1. Congrats on the Mod. I have been waiting for a good Stargate mod for a long time and this looks like it could be it. There are some problems, however. I have only played two games, if one could call them games since the AI does not function, once as the Ancients and one as the Terrans, Tau'ri, Earthlings, etc. but even at that I see some problems for this mod.

2. Research Costs are way too high for the Tau'ri. I drained more than half a 6p map just to get the orion researched, and by that time I was through waiting and took down the Vagyr (yes, Vagyr) mothership with my X-303.

3. The Vaygr are still in this version of the mod, ships and all. Can't we have the asguard or something?

4. A lot of ship titles are still in French, as well as the HUD ship descriptions. For instance, if I want to research a ship design, the name in the orange frame is in english, while the research title is in French. Or, if I have selected my mothership, it's description is in french underneath the menu buttons.

5. The x-303 makes a really weird noise when firing and/or maybe moving that doesn't sound a thing like a rail gun or missile. Really high pitched whining would describe it well.

6. Engines need to be more than just one color on the capital ships. Some small boosters are working well, but the big engines are still just a yellow circle.

7. A lot of the english, including the race names, are either misspelled or incorrect altogether.

I will keep combing through this version and I understand it is a work in progress, but it will be well worth your time to make it perfect. I can only be entertained with no AI for so long! I can't wait. Thanks,

Alex

alex
New members
New members

Back to top Go down

.75a (english) difficulties, suggestions, and bugs Empty Re: .75a (english) difficulties, suggestions, and bugs

Post by Jibbles Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:27 am

Well Alex, this is the first version in english so i've had to put up with 100% french until now Razz. Also i don't think english is a first language of the translator (no offence), perhaps u could make the corrections and post them here (i had a go at translatong the previous version, but gave up lol, google ftw)
AI has been commented about multiple times, i'm sure it will come one day
The asgard were in the last version as well, and the ancients were the asurans, i think, i'm not sure why this has changed, but i'm sure they have their reasons.

I must say that this mod appears to be moving along very quickly, most seem to wait months between releases.

And one more thing, i'm sure the developers would appreciate another hand Wink (go on, u know u want to)

Jibbles
New members
New members

Back to top Go down

.75a (english) difficulties, suggestions, and bugs Empty Re: .75a (english) difficulties, suggestions, and bugs

Post by piper Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:56 am

2.The game is designed to be use with resources injections.

3.The Vagyr are the only one witch the AI is working for now so we put it and we can't put the Asgard because there's a limit of race.

4. I translated the mod and I don't have problem in English but when I translated it I do each part separated and when I assemble them I don't know why I put one of the file the French one instead. Embarassed

5. I tough we fixed this problem Neutral

6. We know that but what we don't know is how to do it.

7. I didn't touch that because changing the race name mean changing all the configuration and like I'm not good in programing.

I'm sorry for the bad translation I gave you but this was just '' to wait '' because the next version is coming out in 6 days. I won't be there to translate it but when I'll be back I'll make a better translation.
piper
piper
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jibbles Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:48 pm

piper wrote:3.The Vagyr are the only one witch the AI is working for now so we put it and we can't put the Asgard because there's a limit of race.

I played it the other day with vagyr, and they sat there and did nothing, ya sure you programmed them Razz (or is it for the next release)

Jibbles
New members
New members

Back to top Go down

Post by piper Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:56 pm

They work but they're not activated. Razz
so yes you'll have to wait for next version.
piper
piper
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by T.r.i.p. Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:11 am

hey guys,
first of all this mod is good. I can see there a lot of work behind it und it's fun to play this mod.
But I have recognized some bugs or things that are not good as they are and I tried to fix them. First of all the vaygr race doesn't do anything in the mod, so I kicked some races out and included the hiigaraner race and the AI works.
My race.lua:
NotPlayable = 0
Playable = 1
races =
{
{ "Invalid", "Invalid", "", "", 0, NotPlayable, "", },
{ "Hiigaran", "$1100", "hyperspace_gate", "etg/special/SPECIAL_ABILITIES_HYPERSPACE_IN", 9.5, Playable, "HGN_", },
{ "Vaygr", "$1101", "hyperspace_gate_vgr", "etg/special/SPECIAL_ABILITIES_HYPERSPACE_IN", 9.5, Playable,"VGR_", },
{ "Anciens", "Anciens", "hyperspace_pegasus", "sgeffect/sghyperspace", 3, Playable, "ANC_", },
{ "Tauri", "Terriens", "hyperspace_pegasus", "sgeffect/sghyperspace", 3, Playable, "TAU_", },
}

You can include more races but this works fine. It seems to have the standard races in first place to work but I am not sure, I have to make more tests...

The next one is that the ancient drones are not very accured in aiming and so... well I fixed (I dunno if it was thought to make them so) the problem that they couldn't hit collectors which didn't move... I only changed the target angle to 1 or 0. This works fine now, but against moving units in the size of fighters or collectors the drones are not more usefull as they were before the change. They are just flying around the ships... But I am working on it and I could increase the chance to hit small moving units by uhm 500-700%. So 1 jumper squadron can now take out some fighter squads before getting killed by them. But that's not a solution I think. The drones have to hit in 95% in the first contact I think. And I know that would mean that they are very effective but they are effective in stargate, aren't they??

So if I can help you with scripting just let it me know
err and sry for my bad english^^

---UPDATE:

Oh I forgot one really heavy bug:
I can't dock jumpers (collectors and corvett jumpers) at Atlantis. They fly into the tower and are stuck. I can select them but they can't move. They are not in the docking list of the mothership and if I use the hyperspace to move atlantis away the jumper moves with it. Same if collecting ressources....

T.r.i.p.
New members
New members

Back to top Go down

Post by T.r.i.p. Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:58 am

hm I have got a idea for the mod, in every race should be a ship which can conquer/take over enemy ships. For example the acients should be able to research an upgrade for the collector jumpers to take over enemys or there should be an own frigate which can do it.

T.r.i.p.
New members
New members

Back to top Go down

Post by T.r.i.p. Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:09 pm

so thats the capture ability for the collectors of the ancients for version 0.75a english:
add this line to anc_ressourcecollector.ship:
Code:
addAbility(NewShipType, "CaptureCommand", 0, -50)

and this part goes to the very last entry in the research.lua before the last bracket (I meant this bracket --> } ):
Code:

{
      Name =               "collectorsCAPTUREupgrade",
      RequiredResearch =         "E2PZTechno2",
      RequiredSubSystems =         "",
      Cost =                500,
      Time =                50,
      DisplayedName =            "CaptureMod",
      DisplayPriority =            1,
      Description =            "Our (Collector-)Jumpers can now capture enemy ships.",
       UpgradeType =             Ability,
      TargetName =             "anc_resourcecollector",
      TargetType =             Ship,
      UpgradeName =             "Capture",
      Icon =                Icon_Ability,
      ShortDisplayedName =          "Capture",
   },

for those of you who don't know where you can find these files:
Sgmod075a.big\Data\scripts\building and research\anciens\research.lua
Sgmod075a.big\Data\ship\anc_resourcecollector\anc_resourcecollector.ship

gl&hf
Greetings T.r.i.p.

T.r.i.p.
New members
New members

Back to top Go down

Post by T.r.i.p. Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:45 am

Because I can't speak french and at this forum was no activity I made a mod for the Stargate-Conflict-Mod0.75a...

changelog:

0.4b:
-further rebalance (a bit more speed for ancient warships (they were slower than their outpost), smaller armor for destroyers (they can be built fast), goauld research modifed (naquadah has to be researched before apohpis, etc.))
-alkesh-capture ability can now be upgraded

0.4:
-goa'uld rebalance! (alkesh weapon strength drastically decreased (in multiple ways), anubis flag ship more realistic (super weapon takes time to reload, normal attack is now realistic (won't follow enemy ships anymore, was very unrealistic), no homing-plasma-weapons for goa'ulds, ...)
-alkesh-capture ability has to be researched now

0.3a:
-ancient warships are now more powerfull and have the plasma canons they should have
-added capture research for terrans

0.2c:
-fixed capture-ability for the ancients (i remade the whole mod and forget this)
-real start of changelog ;-)

0.2b:
-added goa'Ulds
-added capture command for goa'Uld ressource collectors (only temporary because alkesh already can have that ability)
-added startfleet scripts for goa'uld for the dynDeathMatch Mod (see below)

0.2a:
-researchable capture command for ancients
-added capture command for terrans (capture-research comes soon)
-added startfleet scripts for terrans and ancients for the dynDeathMatch Mod (only if you set Startingfleets to MS/Carrier)

0.1b:
-added terrans
-further changes in the acc. of the drone jumpers

0.1a:
-better acc. of the jumper drones
-working AI for the Hiigaarns and Vaygr in-game

latest version:
-http://files.filefront.com/04rar/;11855126;/fileinfo.html

Updates follow...

Warning! You need the 'official' Stargate Conflitcs Mod 0.75a in english and have it extracted to your data directory in order to work correctly! (use RDN-Tools to extract the files from the big file)
Furthermore you need a shortcut with the commandline paramter " -overrideBigFile" behing it!
(example: "G:\Programme\Homeworld2\Bin\Release\Homeworld2.exe -overrideBigFile", you have to change the intall path to your install path of course, so if you have it installed to C:\Program Files\HW2 your shortcut would look like this: "C:\Program Files\HW2\Bin\Release\Homeworld2.exe -overrideBigFile")

Have fun!

T.r.i.p.
New members
New members

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down